Monday 8 May 2017

We're in a Naturalist's paradise!
So many new plants to check out, to try to identify.  It's keeping me thumbing through my books and Googling.  I'm loving it - just marvelous.
We're here in Katherine for a few days to see the sights, take a gorge cruise and see what else there is before heading north.  Some of the roads in Kakadu are still closed because of the big wet this year.  And there we were rushing to get there!?
More anon .........
I was snapping flowers by the roadside and this little bee flew in for a sip.
I think it could be a blue banded native bee.
A rather desiccated shelf fungus Lindsay spotted at the base of a tree
at Lake Tingkkarli (north of Tennant Creek

The bower of the Great  Bower bird. He let me watch as he added more twigs
to his love nest. Favourite colour white, shiny and an odd piece of green glass.
He has another bower about 2 metres away- hedging his bets do you think?

Pretty thigs. Butterflies or moths? they were 'perched chatting' on a
blade of grass not far from our caravan.

No comments:

Post a Comment