Saturday 13 July 2019

July 5 First stop San Francisco

We’re here - hoorah! but before I get started I want to fast rewind 24 years when a mere 3 days after I submitted my PhD thesis (after 8 years of full time study including BSc  - OMG what a gruelling albeit exciting time that was!) we packed a battered suitcase and backpack and I dragged my patient Lindsay (albeit with said patience weary thin) off to Paris - via San Francisco! After a couple of days walking up and down hills, getting lost in the early evening fog, pounding the sidewalk of Market, slurping chowder in the half dark on an almost deserted Fisherman’s Wharf, we both fell in love with this new world City of Love and vowed to return. In fact we met a man on our last night who sold us a rose and told us to sleep with it under our pillow to ensure we would return. Yeh I know we are hopeless romantics - but here we are! 


Walking down Second Street to Market, my eye was captured by this in the window of the LinkedIn building. it was a bit of a Tony Bennett moment for me. Oh no 😩 I feel a song coming on ..... ‘I left my heart in ....... tra la la ‘. There are hearts dotted around the city so it’s not just me right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment