Sunday 3 March 2019

March 1 to 4 - Mallacoota

And here we are in Mallacoota - hopefully not hemmed in by bushfires! close to the SE corner of NSW. I know, we’re in Victoria, but we couldn’t quite get in to the SE border point of NSW so this will have to suffice. What started out as a trip to corner country in the afar NW sort of grew! Our trip has thus far taken us from the most north westerly point of NSW to here, the almost south easterly point of NSW. The countryside in between has been quite wonderful in its diversity, colour and form. From parched desert across plains and rivers through tall alpine land to Dorothea’s jewel-seas. What a journey! I feel a poem coming on! 


I love a sunburnt country, 

A land of sweeping plains, 

Of ragged mountain ranges, 

Of droughts and flooding rains. 

I love her far horizons, 

I love her jewel-sea, 

Her beauty and her terror 

The wide brown land for me!

Dorothea Mackeller





1 comment:

  1. Those May Gibbs Banksia men have had me bluffed all my life. Such ferocious looking seed pods. I'm glad you're safely home for a wee respite and I can imagine a Snuggle & Pie with those luscious figs and your talent with Chook menus.

    ReplyDelete